Monday, December 5, 2011

Crate and Barrel: Survivor Woman


I love Crate and Barrel. We're talking serious love. Like meet the parents, put a ring on its finger at the top of the Empire State Building, small but intimate destination wedding, have 2 kids together kind of love. Every time I'm in there I could spend thousands of dollars which is saying a lot because it's so reasonably priced! I'm also convinced that I could live in Crate and Barrel as though it were my home.

One of my favorite books as a kid was From the Mixed-up Files of Ms. Basil E. Frankweiler, because seriously, how cool would it be to live in a museum? But as I've grown up, my fantasies have also become much more adult, and by that I of course mean I want to live in a Crate and Barrel instead of a museum.

Think about it, there is no better place to live. I mean, my local C&B even has a Starbucks inside, could it get any better? My routine would be as follows: get a good night's sleep in one of their immaculately made beds, taking turns on each of them of course so I could eventually decide which is my favorite. Then I would spend my morning wake up time leisurely sipping a latte from the onsite Starbucks or made with one of the various espresso machines in the appliance section. While enjoying my caffeinated beverage, I would curl up on one of their sofas or armchairs and peruse this season's catalogue or read one of the books they have as props for their pretty bookcases. Then I would wander the china section, adding pieces to my fake wedding registry. After that, you would find me in the gourmet food section, making one of their scrumptious soup mixes and perhaps sampling a little bruschetta or chips and salsa on the side, washing it all down with one of their custom drink mixes, perhaps the jalapeƱo lemonade!



Stuffed from my tasty lunch, it would probably be time to stretch out and take a nap on this chaise lounge:


Ahhhh, bliss.

Now it's cookbook time. I could spend hours scanning cookbooks, reading recipes, drooling over beautiful pictures of expertly prepared meals, and my new home allows me to do just that. First I'd grab Giada's latest, then pick up the new Barefoot Contessa, and finish off with the latest dessert book, be it cupcakes, cake pops or whoopie pies. After all this cookbook reading, I'd surely be hungry, so once again I'd hit the gourmet food section, maybe make use of on of the electric griddles or frypans and whip up a nice risotto mix, maybe throw in some dried salami or something. After some light nighttime reading of this season's catalogue, I'd curl up in another gorgeous bed and fall asleep, dreaming of linens and silverware.



Ok, so I could probably only do this for a day or two, but you give me an iPad and a few trips to the grocery store and I could milk this for weeks. The various sleeping and lounging options in this store are what make this scenario so tempting I think. I could while away hours playing games and reading and listening to music curled up on one of their loveseats, just you watch me. Les Stroud may be the Survivor Man of the wild outdoors, but I, I would be the Survivor Woman of the untamed interior of a moderately priced home store.

No comments:

Post a Comment