Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Interlude Post

So here's the thing, I just got back from Salt Lake late last night and I'm tired. Ergo, I'm also feeling lazy. I actually did work on a post in my journal on the plane which I will publish tomorrow, but for today, I'm just going to say a few things.

First: Salt Lake City is so beautiful. I think some people can be wary of Salt Lake because it's in Utah and there are certain cultural implications that people tend to make when they hear that. It is honest-to-god one of the prettiest places I have ever been in my whole life and actually a really cool town with lots to do. This weekend Danny (my husband), my father-in-law and I went up to Snowbird Ski Resort where they were holding Oktoberfest but where they also have all kinds of non-ski activities. Danny and I took the tram to the top of the mountain and the views were unreal. Here are some pics and please excuse the fact that they are all of me, I blame the photographer.

Seriously, the views were unreal. I love mountains.

Holy close-up. This was our sweet ride to the top.

Can you believe this awesomeness is only 20 minutes from Salt Lake?
So I also mentioned that this was Oktoberfest at Snowbird, which wasn't a huge thing, but you know I obviously had a tasty beer and a soft pretzel to celebrate Germany because I've got some German somewhere in my European-mutt ancestry, so obviously just doing my part with carbs. However, the BEST part of the fact that it was Oktoberfest was this:
Yeah, that's right. Tiny Lederhosen. Best. Outfit. Ever.
Obviously, if that adorable little boy's outfit is any indication, it was a magical weekend. It really was. I got to hang out with my in-laws including my super awesome sister-in-law, catch up with friends, eat some super great food (including dinner at Danny's Italian grandmother's house), and of course, I FINALLY got to spend some time with my adorable husband. All in all, a wonderful weekend. Also, Danny gets home in 6 days, yay!  I'll be back with some cohesive thoughts tomorrow fools.

No comments:

Post a Comment