Thursday, September 15, 2011

More from the Cloud or, alternatively, how pretentious am I for naming the interworkings of my brain?

Things are a little hectic right now, so my ability to focus and write a well-planned and structured post is severely limited. I'm going to visit my husband this weekend, so I'm getting ready for that (seriously, this distance thing is ridiculous) and my cat has killed four (4!) mice in the past 2 days, so obviously that's a problem I need to deal with. Anyway, other than the feeling that mice are crawling all over me, here are some things that are on my mind right now:

*You know how when you get on a workout kick and at first you can see what a difference it's making almost every day? I love that feeling. But now, I'm in the part where I kind of plateau and I have to either kick it in and workout harder or change something else like my diet, with which I have a real problem. Seriously? Does my body even know how much motivation I had to work up to start working out in the first place? Now I need to find more? I think I need Jillian Michaels to come to my house and start berating me otherwise that's just not happening.

*Beyonce's song "Love on Top" is awesome. Here's the thing though, I don't know if I actually really like the song or I like the fact that every time I hear it, I think how cute pregnant Beyonce was with Jay-Z at the VMAs. I think that might be it.


*I've been watching a LOT of chick flicks lately because my husband's out of town and I can. I never thought I'd say this, but I think I'm almost at the point where I'm ready to watch some action or sports-themed movies now. Instead of crying, I think I'm ready to watch a movie and yell at the television "Get out of the WAY! GET OUT OF THE WAY!!" or you know, something sporty. Although, sports movies usually make me cry, but whatever, my point is, I think I need an injection of testosterone in my movie watching, for a limited time only.

*Looking at the photos of the New York Fashion Week shows has made me really happy. You can check out My Tumblr to see some of the pretty clothes I really like. Of course, on the flip side of the coin, there are a few things that make me sad. 1) I will probably never be able to buy/wear any of these clothes because I am not in the yacht-owning tax bracket and 2) Models are too sickly thin. They just are, I'm sorry I can't get over it.

*I had a Peanut Butter and Jelly Pinkberry not too long ago and I'm not kidding, it was the most amazing frozen treat ever. It honest-to-god tasted like a really well-made PB&J sandwich. You know, perfect PB to J ratio but it was also creamy and had these crunchy lightly-sweetened crouton-like things on it too. Oh. My. God. If you have a Pinkberry near you and they are still making this taste explosion, go get one.
Probably the most hilarious part of ordering this was the Pinkberry employee immediately telling me that the Peanut Butter yogurt was NOT non-fat. I was all, it's cool, I just want this in my mouth.


*Shows like The Lying Game and Pretty Little Liars and really any show that takes place in high school now make me wonder if teenagers actually get that dressed up for high school now. I mean, I remember the days when it was simple, you wore a non-imposing outfit from American Eagle, finished it off with a pair of Doc Martens, preferably the Mary Janes and called it a day. Now the kids on these shows are wearing dresses that I would consider too fancy for a cocktail party sometimes and unreal high heels! Hello? You are not going to be able to run to class and make it before the bell in those. I'm so old.
Seriously? This outfit says "Pre-Calc" to you? *Side note: Just realized how much I say seriously. SO Grey's Anatomy of me. Sorry about that folks and yay blog self-awareness!

*I seriously can barely wait any longer for the iPhone 5 to come out. My current phone is the original model, the one they don't even sell anymore, not even at a super discounted price. It freezes a lot, especially when I play Words with Friends, which makes owning at that game very difficult and I'm convinced that I will get better service with a newer model because Danny's iPhone 4 definitely does. That said, I wouldn't trade this phone for any other phone out there because Apple has me brainwashed and I'm ok with that.

*There is no better clothes-related feeling than trying on a new pair of pants and having them fit you like a glove. Actually scratch that, it has never been my experience that gloves fit my hands exceptionally well, so let's just say they fit like really awesome pants. I've been fortunate enough to have that feeling with the past 2 pairs of pants I bought and it almost makes me get over the 4 dead mice in 2 days thing.

Alright folks, my brain is empty now, see you after my weekend out West! (I'm going to Salt Lake City, by the way, yay mountains!)

No comments:

Post a Comment