Friday, September 9, 2011

The New Girl or My Girl Crush on Zooey Deschanel

Seriously, how cute is she?
So unless you've been living under a rock the past few weeks, you've surely seen some of the intense marketing push for Zooey Deschanel's new show The New Girl. Based on my past experience, TV or movies that are marketed this heavily are usually a disappointment and I was worried that this would be the case for The New Girl. However, when I saw that they had made the pilot available for free on iTunes, I had to check it out.

Much to my surprise and delight, I discovered that The New Girl is an adorable and charming show! Huzzah!

I always knew that I loved Zooey Deschanel, but I think this show is going to take my girl crush to a whole new level. She's kind of my hero. She's married to the lead singer of Death Cab for Cutie, which is one of my husband's favorite bands (I like them too, but I liked Postal Service better). She's an actress, musician and co-founder of what is quickly becoming my favorite website, hellogiggles.com. She frequently pulls off outfits that I wish I could pull off myself. And now, she is the star of what I think may become one of my new favorite shows. I know, I'm gushing, but seriously I want to be her.

Anyway, back to The New Girl. The show made me laugh out loud on numerous occasions. The pilot contained multiple references to Dirty Dancing, which was enough to secure my loyalty alone. The supporting actors were pretty good for the first time out and I feel like they will gel even more now that they can find their groove. The character Jess, played by Deschanel, is quirky to say the least. She has awesome nerd glasses and frequently makes up theme songs for herself, a talent which I wish I possessed.
See? Freakin' cutest nerd glasses ever.
So to sum up: I love Zooey Deschanel and everyone watch The New Girl so it stays on television and doesn't get cancelled like Running Wilde. Kthanksbye!

No comments:

Post a Comment