Sunday, August 7, 2011

Crazy, Stupid, Love.

I had the pleasure of going to see this delightful movie last night. I don't want to give anything away but it was wonderful. It was funny, poignant, surprising, adorable and honest. I know I'm gushing, but I can't think of anything bad about this movie other than the fact that it ended. Even that, though, wasn't bad because I thought it ended at a great point. The individual performances were remarkably well done and had enough subtleties to them that I want to see the movie again soon so I can catch other little things that these talented actors do in their performances. The best part of this movie is the way it explores the intricacies and different personifications of love. This movie stuck with me after I watched it and made me think about my own relationships, past, present and future. In the end, I think that's really the mark of a good film: how it affects its audience, if it stays with them after they leave the theatre and makes them think about something in a new way. By that standard, this was an excellent film and this didn't hurt the movie's quality either:
He makes eating Sbarro pizza sexy. 
How does that even happen!?

No comments:

Post a Comment