Sunday, August 28, 2011

Sweet Jams of the Moment

These are the songs currently rocking my world right now. Since I tend to be a smidge too wordy, I'm going to let them speak for themselves as much as possible because they. are. rad.

Carousel by Vanessa Carlton
So glad she's back with her new album!

Love You Like a Love Song by Selena Gomez
If she's good enough for J Biebs, she's good enough for me.

Lyle by Magic Punches
This is the perfect song for when you're not ready to let go of summer. Also, Magic Punches is my friend from ND's band, and they're awesome and everyone should listen to them.

Wonderland by Natalia Kills
Natalia Kills is like Gaga but less self-righteous, therefore more awesome. Sorry Gaga fans, don't be mad, just listen to this great song.

Blood by The Middle East
This song is played at the end of Crazy Stupid Love and it is perfection.

The following songs are inspired by my survival of the hurricane and happen to be on my current playlist:

Gimme Shelter by The Rolling Stones
This song played in an episode of Covert Affairs recently and reminded me how much I LOVE IT. Plus, hurricane appropriate.

Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall by Coldplay
This is Coldplay's latest single and it's awesome. I love them. Gwyneth is so lucky.

Crown of Ages by The Ettes
Pure girl rock. From Whip It. Mentions rain, so again, hurricane appropriate.

What the Water Gave Me by Florence + The Machine
Everything Florence Welch does is completely beautiful. Her new single is no exception. If I were an artist, I'd want to be her.

Matt Nathanson's entire Modern Love album, which you should just go buy. I genuinely like every song, which is about as rare as a unicorn. We're going to his concert the end of September and I will sing along to every word!

That's my latest playlist, enjoy and download the ones you like, especially Magic Punches!

No comments:

Post a Comment