Wednesday, August 17, 2011

What I'm Watching Wednesdays

That's right you crazy kids (all 4 of you), since I was out of commish this weekend on blogging, you get TWO posts in one day, contain yourselves! Also let me say on a completely unrelated note that I'm watching Gone with the Wind on Netflix Instant right now and they only have it listed as TWO STARS. Um, hello? It's probably one of the greatest movies of all time. You're fired Netflix ratings guy. You. Are. Fired. Anyway, onto What I'm Watching Wednesdays, in which I regale you with more of my television obsessions and encourage you to follow my lead by being thoroughly entertained by these marvelous shows! First,

Iron Chef America! How great is this picture of the Chairman, seriously? For those of you unfamiliar with this magical program, ICA is a competition show on Food Network where one very accomplished chef from a prestigious restaurant pits him or herself against one of the Iron Chefs (Bobby Flay, Cat Cora, Mario Batali, etc.) by each creating a 5-course meal revolving around the Secret Ingredient. Oh and they do this in 1 hour. The picture above is the Chairman, whose role still remains unclear to me except that he announces the Secret Ingredient before the battle and makes that face. This show is great because they do some wildly creative things with food and the elements of competition and cooking against the clock make it exciting.

Pretty Little Liars. The only show ABC Family could have created to fill the Greek-sized hole in my life. (RIP Greek!) I realize this show focuses on high school students and I am a decade (!) out of that holy institution, but it's irresistible! I don't want to reveal too much but basically the show revolves around 4 friends who have a scandalous secret to keep after the death of their manipulative ringleader friend Allison and they are terrorized by an anonymous pot-stirrer called "A" with texts, emails and threats. It is awesome. They've really upped the stakes this season and I can't miss an episode!

I've loved the Office since Danny introduced me to it in Season 2. We spent one of our long distance weekends watching about 25 episodes to catch up and I've never missed another one. It's obviously not on right now because it's summer but thanks to Netflix, I get to watch my favorite episodes whenever I want. So, totally normal behavior, I've watched the Jim and Pam wedding episode approximately 10 times and cried every time. It is so sweet and adorable and truly, if you're planning a wedding, it's a wonderful way to be reminded of what really matters when you are getting married, each other. It's not too often a sitcom can be touching and ridiculously hilarious with multiple viewings, but the Office does it all the time. (Silent prayer that it can still be good without Steve Carell!)

No comments:

Post a Comment